Here are some things I've written:
- Router vs Comcast - Steps to get a Linksys router to work with Comcast
- Need a shell? - Downloadable command shells if you find yourself in a pinch.
- An informal comparison I wrote of the Sonicwall Pro firewall vs the Cisco Pix.
- Howto: Disable those irritating audio ads in AOL Instant Messenger. - I normally try to be understanding when it comes to advertising, but playing music without being asked is rude.
- Howto: Disable Flash Shared Objects (FSOs) with a batch file. - Run once to disable, run a second time to re-enable, etc.
- Howto: Build a Serial cable with a built in switch to swap between Straight-through and null-modem behavior. - For lazy network administrators.
- ʞɹoʍ spǝǝu.pdf - Untitled manuscript I wrote when I was fourteen and watching a measurable amount of Monty Python. Its about Hell.
- M I M E S
- Flash Cards for Learning Morse Code via Handwriting
- Rollover cable pinout for Digi Etherlite 32 and Cisco Equipment
Example device configurations:
- upstream DHCP setup for Cisco Pix 506E - base config for connecting a Pix 506E to a DHCP provider (e.g. dsl, cable modem)
- limited account configuration for Cisco Pix - snippet for creating a limited user inside of the Cisco Pix that has read only access to the diagnostic features.
- Pix PPTP VPN Setup - Setup a basic VPN connection via PPTP between a Cisco Pix and Windows XP without using any external servers.
- ASA active FTP example - Allow active FTP traffic through a Cisco ASA via policy-map etc
Wherein hang my lame trophies...
- - Banned! Whatismyproxy got really popular in Iran for a few, then poof! out like a light. Probably an automatic ban (rather than an awesome specific manual ban) - but hey, doing my part for freedom.
- - A third party vendor, debugging their software, whipping out one of my programs while we watch via VNC. They didn't know.
- - Got my 1,000,000+ web visitors at some point.
Here are some other things. I don't claim them as my own.
- Unofficial Win32 binary build of the net-snmp tools - These are distributed as source-only for win32. I didn't write them, but I have compiled them.
- Mirrors of Mud Compression Protocol documentation - old mud sites are mostly gone now, but I mirrored MCCP